Penne with Roasted Vegetables and Feta
A blend of pasta and Mediterranean flavors; an easy dish you can put together in less than 30 minutes. This recipe calls for eggplant but you can also use mushrooms, zucchini, or any combination of these vegetables.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes
- 8 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes, chopped, undrained (one 14.5-ounce can)
- 15 oz garbanzo beans, canned, rinsed and drained (one 15-ounce can)
- 10 kalamata olives, cut in quarters
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 oz feta cheese*, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 475°F (246°C).
- Combine olive oil and minced garlic in a cup; set aside.
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray. Place cubed eggplant on the pan and drizzle with the garlic-oil mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- While eggplant bakes, cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done and drain.
- In a large skillet, combine stewed tomatoes, garbanzo beans, olives and oregano and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pasta and eggplant. Sprinkle with feta cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 96 (20%)
(16%)Total Fat 11g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 82g
(47%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.