Pear and Walnut Rice Salad With Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Succulent mouth-watering pear clears the palate for bursts of elegant blue cheese in this perfect (and quick) dinner salad.
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain brown rice
- 1 large firm pear, such as Anjou or Bartlett, cored and diced
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette (garlic, herb or raspberry)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to coat. Serve immediately over lettuce leaves and top with dried cranberries, if desired.
Calories from Fat 125 (47%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.