Pear and Brie Quesadilla with Fresh Pear Chutney
The subtle spice of the pear chutney is the perfect accompaniment to this deliciously unique interpretation of the traditional quesadilla.
- Pear Chutney1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2-inch wedge of red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbs chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs of water, or more if needed
- red pepper flakes
- Quesadilla1 12-inch flour tortilla
- 1/2 of an Anjou pear, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 1/4-inch slices of Brie cheese
- 2 Tbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- To prepare the chutney, place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pear is crisp-tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. You may add water if liquid completely evaporates before pear is cooked.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and add water. Pulse quickly, just until chopped together as a chunky mixture, with ¼-inch chunks of pear, onion, and pepper. Add more water if necessary to achieve the consistency you desire. Place pear mixture in a bowl, and stir in pepper flakes to taste. Let chutney cool completely before serving. Chutney can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.
- To prepare the quesadillas, heat oven to 425 degrees. Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Spread pear slices across half of the tortilla. Lay Brie across the top of the pear slices. Sprinkle mozzarella over the Brie.
- Fold other half of the tortilla over the pear and cheese mixture. Transfer tortilla to a lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake until cheese melts and bubbles, about 3-5 minutes. Remove tortilla from oven, cool slightly, and cut into 6 wedges. Serve on a plate or platter with a small bowl of chutney on the side.
Calories from Fat 50 (41%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.