Pasta Salad with Asparagus
This cold pasta salad features asparagus and a delicious garlic-dijon dressing. It’s a wonderful dish for brunches, picnics or hot summer nights.
- 2 lbs asparagus spears, sliced diagonally into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 12 oz angel hair pasta, or other pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Place asparagus in microwave-safe container with small amount of water. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Drain. Asparagus should be tender but still bright green.
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together shallots, olive oil, Dijon mustard, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine shallot mixture with pasta and asparagus; mix well. Serve chilled.
Calories from Fat 93 (27%)
(16%)Total Fat 11g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 52g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.