Mushroom Fettucine Florentine
Fontina cheese and creamed spinach create a silky sauce that gets tossed with plum tomatoes and button mushrooms.
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) Fontina cheese, diced
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl; cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, salt and black pepper; cook until mushrooms are golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in creamed spinach and tomatoes; cook until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon over reserved pasta. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat adding reserved pasta water according to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 272 (39%)
(47%)Total Fat 31g
(63%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 79g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.