Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Lamb Chops
Marinate lamb in this aromatic spice blend—a quick and enticing main course dish.
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs cumin, ground
- 2 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/2 tsp crushed chilies
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- Oil, as needed
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cumin, turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, chilies, cinnamon, and clove.
- Pierce lamb with a fork several times on all sides; brush with oil then coat with the spice mixture.
- Let stand for 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops.
- For 1-inch chops, broil or grill over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Or, pan fry chops, then transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400°F until desired doneness.
Calories from Fat 148 (61%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.