Morning-After-Thanksgiving Lamb Hash
You will love this morning after treat which will be a welcome relief from the taste of turkey.
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley leaves
- 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 16 eggs, poached
- In medium pan with cover, bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil.
- Stir bulgur into water, cover.
- Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté for 6 to 7 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from pan, set aside.
- Add lamb; crumble and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain well.
- Stir in onion mixture cumin, spinach, cilantro or parsley, pine nuts, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring until they are mixed in.
- Blend in feta cheese.
- To Serve: Place portion of hash on plate and top with two poached eggs.
- Serve with fresh fruit and pumpkin bread.
Calories from Fat 288 (55%)
(49%)Total Fat 32g
(57%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.