Mini Mushroom Quiche Caps
These decadent appetizers are surprisingly easy to prepare but taste like they took hours of effort.
- 8 oz mushrooms
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely diced green onion
- bacon, 3 strips, cooked
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of freshly ground black or white pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbs half-and-half
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick spray. Slice 3 mushrooms for garnish. Heat a 10" non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add a single layer of mushrooms, and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn and cook about five minutes or until other side is same color. Set mushrooms aside.
- Chop remaining mushrooms and add with onions, salt and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes, until onions are soft and all moisture has evaporated. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and mustard. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Divide egg/mushroom mixture among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Top each cup with one slice of mushroom and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Bake about 20-25 minutes until puffed and set. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently run the spoon around the edge of each cup and scoop each quiche to remove. Place a sautéed mushroom slice on top of each quiche and serve.
Calories from Fat 23 (59%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.