Mini Meatball and Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound ground beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups frozen vegetable blend (such as green beans, corn and peas)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine tomatoes, broth and 1/2 cup water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine ground beef, bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons water in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 32 one-inch meatballs.
- Add meatballs and vegetables to broth mixture; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until meatballs are not pink in center and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc, and a good source of selenium.
Calories from Fat 237 (42%)
(40%)Total Fat 26g
(50%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 55g
(59%)Dietary Fiber 15g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.