Fire-roasted salsa and pepper Jack cheese bring a bit of heat to this classic breakfast.
- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 4 round slices whole grain country bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (1 oz.)
- 1/4 cup fire-roasted salsa
- Spread butter evenly on both sides of bread slices. Cut a circle from center of each slice, using a 2 to 3-inch round cutter.
- Place 2 bread slices in large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle, then heat to medium. Break and slip an egg into center of each slice. Cook until bottoms of eggs are set, 2 to 3 minutes; gently turn over. Cook until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle 1 Tbs cheese onto each bread slice. Broil 4 inches from heat just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Repeat to cook remaining eggs. Serve with salsa.
Calories from Fat 127 (58%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.