Mediterranean Herbed Lamb Kabobs
A taste of fruit, vegetables, and meat that will satisfy everything you are craving.
- 1 cup prepared lite balsamic dressing
- 1/2 cup red wine (or orange juice)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs coarse ground mustard
- 2 Tbs fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. lamb leg, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 16 pieces red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 16 pieces bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 slices eggplant, 1-inch thick
- 8 wooden skewers (12-inch), soaked in water
- To make marinade, in small bowl whisk together dressing, red wine or orange juice, garlic, mustard, and mint.
- Place lamb and vegetables in sealable plastic bag and pour on marinade.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove lamb and vegetables from marinade and discard marinade.
- Thread meat and vegetables onto skewers.
- Broil 4 inches from source of heat about 5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare,160ºF for medium, and 170ºF for well. Remove kabobs from broiler, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
Calories from Fat 153 (36%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(42%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.