Mango-Pineapple Salsa with Banana Peppers and Fresh Ginger
Dried cherries add a slight tartness to the bar, which is balanced by grain-sweetened chocolate chips with half the sugar of typical chocolate chips.
- 2 champagne mangoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 medium avocado, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 2 Tbs cilantro, minced
- 1 medium banana pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- Juice from 2 limes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, combine mangoes, pineapple, avocado, red onion, cilantro, banana pepper, and ginger.
- Drizzle with lemon and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, on a salad, or as a side to complement grilled meat.
Calories from Fat 29 (33%)
(5%)Total Fat 4g
(3%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.