Mandarin Lamb Brochette with Orange Rice Pilaf
Get your vitamin C fix with this bold, citrus infused recipe.
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 ounces lamb shoulder or leg, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments, or fresh orange segments
- wooden skewers
- In medium saucepan, combine broth, orange juice, onion, celery, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add lamb cubes to saucepan and reduce heat; simmer 15 to 25 minutes, or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170° F for well.
- Remove lamb and keep warm.
- Add rice to liquid.
- Cover, and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Skewer lamb, alternating with orange segments, on small skewers.
- Place mandarin lamb brochette's on bed of orange rice pilaf.
Calories from Fat 45 (19%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.