Lamb Loin Chops and Quinoa Salad with Peas, Feta, and Mint
Easy to make on a busy week night, it is a healthy dinner complete with a side salad.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 6 oz lamb loin chops, visible fat trimmed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Lamb Loin ChopsIn a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels; rub both sides of the chops with spice mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat (if grilling, cook over high heat).
- Add lamb; cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side or until cooked to 145ºF for medium-rare.
- Reduce heat to medium if needed.
- Remove to a clean plate; let rest 5 minutes.
- Quinoa Salad with Peas, Feta, and MintPlace quinoa in a fine mesh strainer; rinse under cold water for 2 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and quinoa; bring to a simmer.
- Add peas halfway through cooking.
- Remove from heat and cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and gently stir in feta, mint, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with chops.
Calories from Fat 121 (34%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.