Lamb Keema Seekh Kabobs
Spiced lamb kabobs, an Indian appetizer that is as simple as it is satisfying.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt, stirred
- 2 cups raw rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- In medium bowl, blend lamb, onion, bread crumbs, cilantro or parsley, garlic, ginger, salt, and curry powder. Shape into twelve, sausage-shaped portions. Thread onto 6 skewers. Brush each with yogurt.
- Grill kabobs 4 inches over medium-hot coals for 14 to 18 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, turning once.
- Combine rice, peas, and red bell pepper; place on large serving platter. Place grilled meat on rice mixture.
Calories from Fat 171 (35%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 60g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.