Kid-Pleasing Macaroni and Cheese
A new twist on an old favorite.
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, fusilli or other small pasta
- 8 oz Horizon Organic® shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz Horizon Organic cottage cheese
- 8 oz Horizon Organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup Horizon Organic Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until done. Drain. In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, stir together the pasta, shredded cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Tip: For a crunchy topping, mix together 1 cup dry bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Horizon Organic butter, melted. Sprinkle over pasta mixture before baking. And you can add peas to sneak in more vegetables.
Calories from Fat 97 (46%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.