Kickin' Cajun Dirty Rice
- 1 pound ground beef (75% to 80% lean)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (6 to 8 ounces) Cajun-style dirty rice mix
- Water, as needed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Brown ground beef with bell pepper in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in rice mix and water amount indicated in package directions, omitting oil or margarine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook according to time indicated in package directions or until rice is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber and iron.
Calories from Fat 218 (47%)
(36%)Total Fat 24g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.