Kaleidoscope Mushroom Salad
Three kinds of greens make a beautiful presentation in this decadent first course.
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) blue cheese, crumbled
- 20 oz (about 6 cups) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) snow peas, cut diagonally in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 24 leaves radicchio lettuce
- 24 leaves Belgian endive
- 24 leaves Romaine lettuce (inner leaves)
- Basil Vinaigrette1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 3/4 tsp lemon pepper or ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl marinate mushrooms in basil vinaigrette for 30 minutes. Add snow peas, watercress, red onion, corn and pimientos; toss gently; if desired, remove a few mushrooms for garnish.
- For each serving, in the center of a plate, make a cup using about 3 radicchio leaves. Alternately place endive and Romaine lettuce leaves, radiating from the cup. Fill cup with mushroom-vegetable mixture. Top with blue cheese and garnish plate with reserved sliced mushrooms. Serve as an appetizer or main dish.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine basil, mustard, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Stir just before using.
Calories from Fat 43 (33%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.