Japanese Stir-Fry Vegetables
- Mongolian BBQ Sauce1/2 cup low-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- pinch ground coriander
- pinch ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup minced leeks
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs low-sodium tamari sauce
- Stir-fry2 tsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red and yellow bell peppers, mixed
- 1/4 cup stemmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup Mongolian BBQ Sauce
- SauceIn a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup tamari sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sake and 1/3 cup water and bring to a boil. Add ketchup, coriander, ground ginger and red chili flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine leeks, garlic, fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons tamari sauce. Add to cooked mixture and stir until combined. Pour into a jar.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Stir-fryHeat wok until hot and add oil. Add vegetables and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until vegetables are crisp, but tender.
- Add BBQ sauce and toss to coat vegetables.
Copyright © 2005 by CR License, LLC
Nutrition Note: A serving is a half cup.
Calories from Fat 53 (24%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.