Italian Vegetable Custard
A delectable blend of cheeses, summer squash and tomato make this a tempting vegetarian dish.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 6 very thin tomato slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz.)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Beat eggs and flour in medium bowl until smooth. Add yellow squash, zucchini and 1/4 cup olives; mix well. Spread in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in center of 450°F oven just until custard is set, about 10 minutes.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic salt; sprinkle over custard. Top evenly with tomato, remaining olives, onion and Jack cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
Calories from Fat 111 (42%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.