Island Chicken Wings
A dipping sauce of pureéd green chilies, apricot preserves, allspice, and bananas bring a bit of island flavor to the garlicky wings.
- 8 chicken wings
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbs apricot preserves
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbs garlic oil
- Cut off wing tips; discard or save for other purposes. Cut remaining wings apart at joints to make 2 pieces each.
- To make dipping sauce, in blender, combine chilies, onion, raisins, preserves, brown sugar, lemon juice, allspice and banana; purée.
- In large skillet, heat garlic oil. Cook wings for 18 to 20 minutes or until well-browned on all sides and internal juices of chicken run clear. Meanwhile, pour sauce in small saucepan and cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes to thicken liquid; stir frequently.
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper. Serve with dipping sauce.
Ingredient Tip: For additional flavor, marinate chicken wings in Italian dressing and then grill or broil. Serve with dipping sauce.
Calories from Fat 174 (49%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.