Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli
Make these ravioli for your next family dinner and top them with your favorite pasta sauce.
- 1/2 tsp Madras curry powder
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 cups butternut squash meat
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chipotle powder
- 60 won ton skins
- Melt the butter with curry in a sauté pan.
- Add honey and butternut squash meat; stir over medium-heat until soft.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and reduce until all the liquid is boiled off. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place cooked butternut squash in a food processor and puree until smooth. Stir in the ricotta cheese, salt and white pepper to taste, and a pinch of either cayenne pepper or chipotle powder.
- Lay out 30 won ton skins on a flat work surface, placing a tablespoon of butternut squash filling in the center of each skin.
- Lightly brush the sides of each won ton skin with cold water. Top each one with another won ton skin and press around the edges of the ravioli with your finger to seal. Refrigerate covered until needed.
- When ready, cook butternut squash ravioli in salted boiling water.
Calories from Fat 34 (18%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.