Herbed Yukon Gold Mashers
Herbaceous and simple mashed potatoes. Serve as a hearty side dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs Colorado Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- Place whole potatoes in large pot of cold water and slowly bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are fork–tender, approximately 60 to 90 minutes, depending on potato size.
- Meanwhile, warm the cream (do not boil). When potatoes are done, peel and mash with a fork, slowly adding the warmed cream. Add butter, using a heavy-duty kitchen spoon or whisk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish with chopped rosemary and chives.
Calories from Fat 200 (62%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(72%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.