Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Holiday Rice
Minced garlic, rosemary, basil, and black pepper are pushed onto the beef for flavorful roast.
- 1 well-trimmed center-cut beef tenderloin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- Seasoning:2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp coarse grind black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Holiday Rice:2 Tbs butter
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, defrosted
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Beef Tenderloin RoastHeat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef roast. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 35 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 45 to 50 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Holiday Rice:Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add beans; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in rice and almonds; heat through.
- To Serve:Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with rice.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 473 (63%)
(80%)Total Fat 52g
(101%)Saturated Fat 20g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 23g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.