Hearty Onion-Veggie Sandwich
One bite of this veggie-filled, triple-decker sandwich will delight vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
- 2 3 oz packages fat-free cream cheese
- 18 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers, marinated in French dressing
- 12 crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 6 oz thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- Spread cream cheese evenly over six slices of bread. Top with half of the onion slices and all the cucumbers.
- Stack with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, and a second slice of bread. Lay cheddar over second bread slice, then add sprouts and remaining onions.
- Top with third slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and secure with toothpicks.
Calories from Fat 115 (32%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.