A versatile way to prepare summer squash. They can be eaten along with a meat main dish, sliced and put on a sandwich, or cut into thin strips and combined with pasta. The marinade is delicious over rice.
- 4 medium zucchini squash
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim ends off zucchini and slice lengthwise in half, and place in an oblong shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small dish and stir. Pour over zucchini and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place marinated zucchini slices on grill and cook for 5–10 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and tender. Brush some marinade over the slices as they grill.
- Remove from grill and place on a serving dish. Pour remaining marinade over the zucchinis.
Calories from Fat 124 (68%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.