Grilled Vegetable Escalivada
A traditional Catalan dish of smoky, grilled vegetables; escalivada means "to cook in ashes."
- Vinaigrette1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Vegetables2 medium onions, cut into thick wedges
- 6 thin asparagus spears
- 6 yellow summer squash, halved lenthwise
- 1 eggplant, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- Whisk together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Brush cut vegetables with olive oil and place onto grill 4 to 6 inches over medium, ash covered coals (if desired, grill grate may be covered with aluminum foil prior to heating).
- Grill for 10 to 20 minutes, turning once half way through the cooking time. Vegetables are done when tender and slightly charred.
- To serve, place vegetables on serving platter and drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.
Calories from Fat 110 (55%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.