Grilled Lemon Chicken
People love our lemon chicken. It remains one of the most popluar items on our menu. Chicken is a low-fat source of protein, and this recipe makes chicken as delicious as it is healthful. It goes well with steamed vegetables, salads, or brown rice.
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 5 ounces each
- 1 large lemon, cut into 12 thin slices
- In a large nonreactive bowl, stir together the lemon juice, water, and oregano. Add the chicken breast, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Light the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Lift the chicken from the marinade and let the marinade drip off the meat. Lay the chicken breast on the grill or in a broiling pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve each chicken breast with 2 slices of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of The Pump Energy Food by Steve Kapelonis and Elena Kapelonis. Copyright © 2005 Steve Kapelonis and Elena Kapelonis. All Rights Reserved. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold.
Calories from Fat 36 (21%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.