Grilled Lamb Loin Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan and Olive Jam
Lamb-salad topped with spoonfuls of green olive jam makes for a hearty and healthy meal.
- 6 lamb loins, silver skin and fat removed
- 12 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 9 Tbs grapeseed or canola oil
- Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette:9 oz fresh lemon juice, strained
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 9 oz grapeseed oil
- 9 oz extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bunches arugula
- 1- 1/2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
- Green Olive Jam:6 cups green olives, pitted
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1- 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 9 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Parmigiano-reggiano to garnish
- Cut lamb loins in half. Mix garlic and oregano with grapeseed oil. Toss lamb with mixture; cover and let marinate overnight.
- Place lamb on hot grill and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium or 170ºF for well. Cover and let lamb rest for about 5 minutes.
- For Arugula Salad In a stainless steel bowl, blend lemon juice, honey and mustard. Slowly drizzle in both oils. Season with salt and fresh pepper. Toss arugula and Parmigiano-reggiano with lemon vinaigrette.
- For Green Olive Jam In food processor, pulse olives and garlic until a paste is formed; set aside. In small pot, combine sugar, apple juice, cayenne and coriander; cook until reduced by one-third or until syrupy. Add olive paste and stir until incorporated and olives have softened. Add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve: Place mound of Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette on plate. Slice lamb and place on top of salad. Place spoonfuls of Green Olive Jam on lamb. Garnish with ribbons of shaved Parmigiano-reggiano if desired.
Calories from Fat 569 (76%)
(100%)Total Fat 65g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 25g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.