Grilled Lamb Loin and Goat Cheese Salad
Lamb and goat cheese combine perfectly in this unique salad.
- 2 4.25 oz cans pitted black olives, drained
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lamb loins, trimmed
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb arugula
- 1/2 lb great northern white beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In blender or food processor, combine olives, vinegar, honey, oregano, and garlic.
- Blend to puree.
- With motor running, slowly add oil.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and generously brush it on the lamb loins. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette for the salad.
- Over coals covered with grey ash, grill lamb loins for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.
- Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness: 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well.
- Once lamb is cooked, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In salad bowl, combine onions, arugula, and beans.
- Toss with vinaigrette and serve salad onto plates.
- Thinly slice lamb loin and arrange on the top of the salads.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Calories from Fat 274 (58%)
(48%)Total Fat 31g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(41%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.