Grilled Lamb Chops with Marinated Potatoes
Colorful, jewel-like potatoes pair beautifully with succulent lamb.
- 12 lamb loin chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Black pepper, coarsely ground
- Marinated Potatoes3/4 lb russet potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
- 3/4 lb Purple Majesty potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
- 3/4 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
- 3/4 lb Mountain Rose potatoes, cut to 1/2-inch dice, leaving skin on
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 sprig rosemary, about 6 inches long
- 1 tsp sage, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup California dried mission figs, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Lamb ChopsRub lamb with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
- Marinated PotatoesIn an 8 x 1-inch oblong baking dish, combine potatoes, oil, garlic and, rosemary sprig; roast at 250°F for 2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are done, remove and discard the rosemary sprig and the garlic. Drain excess olive oil and discard. Gently combine sage, parsley, shallots, figs, and sherry vinegar. For a more tangy flavor, add additional vinegar. Set aside.
- Lightly salt and pepper the lamb chops to taste. Place on hot grill; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spoon approximately 3/4 cup marinated potatoes onto serving plate and arrange lamb chops on top. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Calories from Fat 169 (46%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.