Grilled Chicken Breasts with Blueberry Chutney Sauce
Celebrate the best of the blueberry season with citrus-flavored chicken breasts topped with refreshing blueberry chutney.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin intact
- 3/4 cup fresh-sqeezed orange juice (grate and reserve orange rind)
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 orange, cut decoratively into slices
- Blueberry Chutney Sauce1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reserved marinade
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed, picked over
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- Reserved grated rind of 1 orange
- Dash of salt
- In a shallow pan, whisk together all ingredients except chicken breasts. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade. Coat chicken in the remaining marinade in the pan. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or at least 1 hour.
- Preheat charcoal grill. Prepare Blueberry Chutney Sauce. Place chicken breast 5 to 6 inches over medium-hot coals. Cook about 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink inside. Baste once with reserved marinade towards end of cooking time for final glaze. Serve each piece of chicken with 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the Blueberry Chutney Sauce. Garnish with orange slices.
- Blueberry Chutney SauceIn a medium saucepan, heat oil. Sauté onion 2 minutes or until soft. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer over low, stirring often, 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and the blueberries become soft. Use at once or cool and refrigerate. Rewarm as needed.
Calories from Fat 148 (40%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.