Grilled Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Orange Glaze
A sweet and healthy grilled chicken and sweet potato dinner.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- Prepare charcoal coals for grill, or pre-heat broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice concentrate, maple syrup, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place chicken and potatoes on the grill or on a sheet pan under broiler.
- Grill or broil chicken and potatoes for 25 minutes, turning all pieces at least once.
- Brush chicken and potatoes with one half of orange juice mixture, let cook 30 seconds and turn. Brush second side, cook 1 minute and turn all pieces again. Cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 47 (12%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 61g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.