Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb
Honey and ginger adds a flair that will make this is a sweet and flavorful favorite for all.
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 to 4 red Anaheim chilies, thinly sliced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 boneless butterflied leg of lamb (about 6 pounds)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 bunches green onions
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger and chilies; transfer to large plastic zip-top bag. Add lamb; close bag, rubbing marinade into lamb. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours or even overnight if time allows.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Grill over high heat, fat-side down, 25 to 35 minutes total, turning halfway through cooking, depending on desired doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare and 160ºF for medium. Remove from grill; loosely cover with foil and let rest, about 15 minutes. Thinly slice.
- While lamb is resting, toss green onions in oil, season with salt and pepper and grill, turning occasionally, until charred (about 3 minutes).
- Serve lamb slices with charred green onions, sautéed sugar snap peas, and steamed brown rice.
Calories from Fat 225 (32%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(48%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.