Greek-Style Lamb Roast
A lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, and thyme rub distributes flavor across roasted lamb.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds American Lamb boneless leg roast, rolled and tied
- 1/2 10-ounce package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- For rub, combine lemon juice, honey, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and thyme. Rub on all surfaces of lamb roast.
- Combine spinach, green onions, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well. Stir in feta cheese and bread crumbs.
- Untie lamb roast and place skin-side down on a flat surface. Cut meaty part of roast as necessary to allow it to lie as flat as possible. Do not cut through skin-side of roast.
- Place stuffing onto roast pressing into meat. Roll up and tie securely. Place on rack in a roasting pan. Roast in 325° F oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound or to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium or 170° F for well. Let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10° F. Slice and serve.
Calories from Fat 205 (58%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.