Ginger Chicken Kebabs
The aroma of garlic, lemon grass, and ginger will waft across your grill as these kebabs cook.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbls canola oil
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stalk lemon grass, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 tbls sesame seeds, toasted
- In bowl of food processor, place canola oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, lemon grass, ginger and garlic cloves. Process until lemon grass is chopped fully, about 3 minutes. Transfer to glass bowl. Add chicken thighs to bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, or overnight, or up to 2 days.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill, or preheat oven broiler. Thread chicken pieces and scallions, alternating. Place on grill and cook, turning once, until chicken is firm and opaque, about 6 - 8 minutes per side. Plate on serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Calories from Fat 108 (47%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.