Fresh Mushroom Three Bean Salad
For health-boosting properties, nothing beats this combo. Even better, try using low-sodium beans and dressing.
- 10 oz (about 3 cups) fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 jar (about 7 ounces; about 3/4 cup) roasted red peppers, drained, cut in strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (cannellini), 50% less sodium , drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans (cannellini), 50% less sodium , drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded, divided
- 3 cup Italian salad dressing, no salt added, homemade or prepared
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, peppers, the three kinds of beans, celery and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Add dressing and parsley; toss to coat well. Stir in parsley. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
Variation: To make this a main dish, add cooked chicken, sliced pepperoni, kielbasa or ham.
Calories from Fat 175 (41%)
(30%)Total Fat 20g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(50%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.