Fresh Bing Cherry Salad with Melon and Mint
Sweet, fresh cherries make this light, early summer salad equally perfect for a buffet lunch or part of a simple family meal.
- 1/4 honeydew melon, seeds and skin removed, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint plus mint sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tbs light honey
- 1 1/2 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- juice of 2 limes
- Put the cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and minced fresh mint in a bowl and turn several times. Put the honey in a bowl with the lemon juice and stir until the honey dissolves, a minute or two.
- Pour this over the melons and turn several times. Add the cherries, turning them in as well. Pour the lime juice over all, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Calories from Fat 1 (1%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.