Fiesta Quinoa Salad
Serve this colorful salad on a bed of leafy baby greens.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 ears corn, roasted, kernels cut off cob (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans or soy beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine the quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, corn, pepper, beans, scallions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and seasonings. Pour over the quinoa mixture. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors set.
Calories from Fat 68 (25%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(30%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.