Feta Lamburgers with Spinach Slaw
Adding feta and spinach slaw puts a special savory spin on this burger variation.
- 3 Tbs quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, leaves and stems removed, chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and lightly toasted
- In a bowl, combine oats, egg white, pepper and salt. Add lamb; mix well. Form into eight 1/4-inch patties. In a small bowl, toss together the feta cheese and green onion. Place one-fourth of the cheese mixture on each of four patties. Top with remaining four patties and seal edges to hold filling inside.
- In bowl, combine vinegar, mustard and sugar; mix well. Pour over chopped spinach; toss to mix. Set aside.
- Grill burger over medium-hot coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side until no longer pink inside. Place each burger on a muffin half; top with spinach mixture and other half of the muffin.
Calories from Fat 211 (50%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.