Festive Papas Tapas with Pico de Gallo
Spicy and fresh, this appetizer stars slices of baked potato topped with homemade salsa.
- 3 med russet potatoes (or 3 Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pico de Gallo1 med tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Thinly slice potatoes length wise to 1/4 inch thick, discarding ends.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on grill or prepared baking sheet in single layer and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl mix together the tomato, onion, green onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper; spoon on top of potatoes.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and serve.
Calories from Fat 41 (31%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.