Farmers Market Omelets
A variety of vegetables make this a colorful and hearty meal any time of day.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp butter
- Filling1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbs water
- Combine filling ingredients in nonstick omelet pan or skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until water has evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Clean pan.
- Beat eggs, 1/4 cup water, cheese, basil, and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended. Heat butter in same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Tilt pan to coat bottom. Pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted spatula so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place 1/2 of the filling on one side of the omelet. Fold omelet in half with spatula and slide onto plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and filling to make second omelet. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 60 (63%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.