Fajitas Extra Special
You will find yourself doing the Mexican hat dance after tasting this spicy culinary treat.
- 3/4 lb boneless lamb, shoulder or leg, sliced into thin 2-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp red pepper sauce
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, divided
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8 Tbs salsa
- 8 Tbs guacamole
- In small bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, juice, oregano, salt, cumin and red pepper sauce; add lamb strips. In large skillet, heat oil; add lamb and cook, stirring until no longer pink. Remove meat; add bell pepper and onion, and cook until crisp tender. Return lamb to skillet and heat through. Serve on tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and guacamole, if desired.
Calories from Fat 219 (43%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(38%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 49g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.