Easy Beef Steak Diane
This classic recipe of mushroom sauce over beef is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sauce:1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs finely chopped shallots or green onion
- 1 Tbs brandy (optional)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Remove.
- Wipe skillet out with paper towels; spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Combine lemon peel and pepper; press onto beef steaks. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
- Add brandy to skillet; cook and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Carve steaks. Serve with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 340 (72%)
(57%)Total Fat 37g
(71%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.