Date Nut Bars
Chopped pecans and sweet dates create a nutritious, satisfying snack.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs freshly grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates (about 8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (about 6 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until light and fluffy, 5 to 10 minutes. Add orange juice and peel; beat well. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture gradually, mixing just until combined after each addition. Add dates and pecans; stir gently until evenly distributed.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into 24 bars, about 2-1/4 x 2 inches each.
Calories from Fat 33 (24%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.