Cumin-Honey Lamb Steak
Broiled or grilled, this sweet and smoky lamb steak is amazingly fast to make.
- 1 lb lamb steak, center leg cut or sirloin, 1-inch thick
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine lemon juice, honey, oil, parsley, cumin, salt, and cayenne; mix well.
- Brush lamb steak with basting sauce.
- To Broil: Broil 5-inches from heat source for 4 minutes. Turn and brush again with sauce. Broil 4 to 6 additional minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Cover and let steak stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- To Grill: Grill over medium-hot coals. Grill 4-inches from coals for 4 minutes, turn and brush with sauce. Grill 4 to 6 additional minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Cover and let lamb steak stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 85 (39%)
(15%)Total Fat 9g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.