Cumin and Lentil Quesadillas
Flavorful, fast, and healthy. An easy meal when you don't have a lot of time to cook.
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 4 Mission eight-inch Soft Taco Carb Balance Tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked small lentils
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast cumin seeds in large, dry skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan constantly. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside.
- Toast corn in the same skillet, shaking the pan for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to small bowl, set aside.
- Arrange four tortillas on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half the tortilla with approximately 2-3 Tbsp grated cheese, and 1/4 tsp toasted cumin seeds. Top with 1/4 cup lentils, 1/4 cup corn, and fold the other side over. Repeat for the next three tortillas.
- Put the tortillas in the oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and crispy. Serve with Pico de Gallo.
Calories from Fat 63 (21%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 49g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.