Oysters in a jar can be found in many grocery stores year round. Serve these with mashed potatoes or grilled polenta slices for change of pace.
- 12 oz oysters, usually two 6-ounce jars
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- Rinse and drain oysters.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a small dish.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray, and then place 1 tsp (5mL) of oil in the pan. Heat pan until very hot.
- Dredge oysters, one at a time in flour mixture. Place 4 oysters in hot pan and fry until brown on one side. Turn and brown the other side. This should take only about 3 minutes per side. Remove oysters and place on a serving dish.
- Heat one more tsp (15mL) of oil in the pan and repeat the process for another 4 oysters. Repeat for the last batch.
- Serve while piping hot.
Calories from Fat 54 (26%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.