Creamy Red Beans and Rice with Caramelized Onions
This creamy and delicious recipe makes a tasty side dish for almost any meal.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice in chicken broth for about 45 minutes. Set aside uncovered.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook until onions begin to brown (about 8 minutes). Add rice, beans, sour cream, cheese and black pepper.
- Stir until well blended and cheese is melted.
Calories from Fat 102 (44%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.