Corn and Green Bean Salad
Crunchy green beans and fresh corn make a great summer, winter, or fall salad.
- 2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 6-oz. can whole olives, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill another large pot or bowl half full with ice water and place next to the stove. Add half the green beans to the water and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining beans. Transfer all the cooked and cooled green beans to another large bowl with a slotted spoon, reserving the ice water. Return the water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the ice water to cool. Remove from the water and cut the kernels off the cobs. Add the corn kernels to the bowl with the beans along with the remaining ingredients; toss well to combine.
Calories from Fat 99 (49%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.